Men’s New Life Program
Transformation to a New Life. That’s the goal of this special program designed for those who suffer the devastation of substance abuse. An eight to twelve month live-in program for men at our Downtown Campus, and a twelve to twenty-four month live-in program for women and families at our Adams Street Family Campus. The New Life Program offers help, hope and an environment that combines nurturing support with critical structure and accountability. Our staff works with clients individually and in groups to help them in all areas of life: social, economic, spiritual, cultural, physical, family, financial, mental, emotional, and community/citizenship. Men participating in the New Life Program live in a designated wing of the Downtown Campus, and women and families live at the Adams Street Family Campus.
- Participants are required to agree to the Program Guidelines and remain drug and alcohol free
- Safe and secure housing while in the program
- 3+ meals per day
- Genesis Process Recovery and Relapse Prevention
- One on One Mentoring
- Challenge Learning Program – Adult Basic Education Activities and GED preparation
- Job skills training and career coaching
- Life skills
- Work Therapy
- Church Activities
- Outpatient Recovery Support Groups
- Aftercare mentoring
- Transitional Housing Assistance
To apply for the Men’s New Life Program, call the front desk at 253-383-4493 and ask about our New Life Recovery Program.
Women and Family New Life Program
The Women and Family New Life Program at the Adams Street Family Campus is open to single women, men or women who are single parents, and couples with children age 2.5 and up. This comprehensive program addresses all aspects of the client’s lives, particularly their health as individuals and families. This includes physical, emotional, spiritual, and social growth. The program endeavors to support healthy relationships, marriages, and parenting. All families are connected with the Child & Youth Program. Program participants take part in the Women and Family New Life Program for a minimum of one year. Qualified participants may then have the opportunity to stay on in transitional housing, as part of the Applied Living Program. There is a 2 year (combined) limit for New Life program and transitional housing stay.
- Each family has their own apartment with kitchen and bathroom
- Single women share a room
- Participants are able to do their own cooking
- Classes from 7:30 am to 12:00 pm, Monday – Friday
- Classes include: Academics, Bible, Life Skills and Recovery
- Men attend classes at the Downtown Tacoma Campus
- Required attendance at Bible studies and church on Sundays
- The first 30 days are a restriction period, with no contact with anyone outside the program
- Beyond the restriction period, trips off-campus are permitted with a signed pass
- Weekly room checks ensure that home management lessons are being applied
- Once weekly one-on-one mentoring
- GED (high school diploma equivalency) Preparation classes are available
To apply for the Women & Family New Life Program, call the front desk at 253-383-4493 and ask about our Women’s New Life Recovery Program or print out an application (here) and come in to drop it off at our downtown campus.