You can make a big difference!
Donate items from the following list to help vulnerable men, women and children in our community during the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis:
There are several ways you can help provide these urgently needed items. You can:
(1) Drop off crucial items to our Donation Center* (See “Where to Bring or Send Donations” section below).
(2) Send crucial items through our Urgent Needs Amazon Wish List to our Downtown Campus* (See “Where to Bring or Send” section below for where to ship items).
(3) Make a financial gift from home:
— Send a check, made out to Tacoma Rescue Mission to Tacoma Rescue Mission, P.O. Box 1912, Tacoma, WA 98401
* Out of care and caution for the community, we’ve enacted measures to ensure social distancing at both locations.
Keep the Mission Clean & Sanitized:
● Cleaning Supplies
● Sanitizing Wipes
Provide Mission Guests with Crucial Basic Items:
● Hygiene supplies (i.e. wet wipes, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand sanitizer, etc.)
● Feminine Hygiene Products
Provide Mission Guests with a Clean, Warm Bed
● Sheets (extra-long, twin size)
Protect Mission Guests, Volunteers & Staff:
● Disposable Gloves
● Hand Sanitizer
Provide Mission Guests with Meals in a Safe, New Way** (Kitchen Donations):
● Sandwich bags
● Sack lunch bags
● Plastic utensils
● To go boxes / Take-out style containers
● Prepackaged, temperature stable food for “to go” meals (i.e. juice boxes, nonperishable snacks / meals, etc.)
** For safety, our kitchen has moved from serving meals in our dining hall to providing individually packed meals to-go. We’re currently distributing over 1,000 meals a day and that number continues to rise.
● Blankets (extra-long, twin size)
● New, industry-specific mattresses (Each $100 donation helps the Mission purchase one mattress from special vendor.)
Where to Bring or Send Donations:
Please bring or send kitchen or food donations to 425 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma WA 98402 (Drop off behind front office at red door). Accepting donations: Monday – Sunday, 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
All other donations can be dropped off at 504 S 30th St., Tacoma, WA 98402 (Follow signs to Donation Station). Accepting donations: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Saturdays, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
We’ve made it easy to donate crucial items from home! Check out our Urgent Needs Wish List on Amazon.com. Simply add the items you want to donate to your cart and send them to one of the addresses listed above. You can ship all items to our Downtown Campus, located at 425 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma WA 98402
If you have any questions, please call 253.383.4493 or email email@example.com